Share your own Office of Doom stories anonymously!

Saturday, December 20, 2008

I reject your rejection! Fun with Rejection Letters.

I've seen my fair share of rejection letters lately. The most fun rejection letters come from places that never even invited you to interview. How is one rejected when one did not actually interview? Confusing, no?

The next time you get a rejection letter from a hoped-for employer, just send them the following:

To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you for your letter of [date of the rejection letter]. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me employment at this time.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals. Despite [Name of the Company]'s outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet with my needs at this time. Therefore, I will initiate employment with your firm immediately.

I look forward to working with you. Best of luck in rejecting future candidates.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]

(Originally posted here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Followers

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

FeedBurner FeedCount

Flickr Slideshows