Share your own Office of Doom stories anonymously!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

One of the lucky ones.



I did it! I found a job. Finally. It's not my ideal situation but beggars can't be choosers, right? Right. With all of the job cuts happening daily, I feel extremely lucky to have found something. Anything. Under different circumstances, I probably wouldn't have accepted this position but these are the times we live in. You take what you can get. At least this buys me some time.

I don't think I could have submitted one more resume or gone on one more interview. It's so degrading - the whole process. Recently, our local tv station just showed footage of people attending a job fair. The line was wrapped around the building. They reported that this was the largest group of people attending a job fair in over three years. It's crazy. What are people supposed to do? Something has got to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Followers

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

FeedBurner FeedCount

Flickr Slideshows